Irish Pot Luck - NetEnt. RTP: 96.06%
Irish Pot Luck is a happy-go-lucky slot from NetEnt. Featuring a happy little leprechaun and traditional Celtic symbols, it offers multiple bonus features including multipliers that can certainly help increase your winnings. In addition, a bonus spin multiplier can be applied at random, and if you managed to win it, it will add a x1, x2, x3 or x5 multiplier to your wager.
There's a random Pot Luck feature that can pop up at any time and it will add 3 scatter or jackpot symbols onto the reels, as well as up to 5 wild symbols. If a scatter symbol makes an appearance on reels 1, 2 and 3 simultaneously, then it will activate the bonus spin feature. This will grant you 10 free spins, as well as a multiplier that can be applied to each spin.
If 3 jackpot symbols appear during the main game, they will activate the Jackpot Wheel feature. This will cause a 3-level wheel to appear which is divided into sections, with each section containing a prize. If this prize is the passage to the centre wheel, then you will hit the Mega Jackpot. This will pay out 5,000 times your bet.
Game of Thrones - Microgaming. RTP: 95.07%
The Game of Thrones slot is the official slot from the television series by HBO. The game comes from Microgaming and features 5 reels with 243 ways to win. When it comes to the 5 bonus features, one of them is a great scatter bonus which allows you to win a random cash prize. There are also four other bonus features based around the four Houses of Westeros.
The scatter bonus feature is triggered when you land two of the Game of Thrones scatter symbols. This allows you to win a cash prize that is a multiple of your stake. Furthermore, there are 4 free spins features, one for each Westeros House. You can trigger these by landing a 3+ Iron scatter symbol. Take note that 3, 4 or 5 scatters will reward you with 1, 20 or 200 times your stake, respectively.
Each house awards a unique number of bonus spins, along with a unique number of stacked symbols and a unique multiplier. You'll find them listed below:
- The Baratheon Free Spins feature offers 8 free spins with a 5x multiplier. The max win per spin is 20,250 x your stake. You can also benefit from House Baratheon Sigil symbols that are stacked 3 high.
- The Lannister Free Spins feature gives you 10 free spins with a 4x multiplier. The Sigil symbol for the Lannisters is stacked 4 high.
- The Stark Free Spins feature has 14 free spins with a 3x multiplier. The Stark House Sigil symbols are stacked 5 high.
- The Targaryen Free Spins feature offers 18 free spins with a 2x multiplier. The Sigil symbol of the House of Targaryen is stacked 6 high.
Elements - The Awakening - NetEnt. RTP: 96.02%
Thanks to its fantastic 3D artwork and graphics, Elements - The Awakening has become very popular with players. The game features 5 reels and 20 pay lines. Developed by NetEnt, there are no multipliers or scatters with this slot. Also, rather than the usual royal symbols, you'll find all the images are in the form of floating objects in 4 different colours.
These are the four elements, with the low-paying ones depicted as a lava rock symbolising Fire, a blue droplet of water as the element of Water, a purple crystal representing Air and finally the Earth represented by green and brown rock. The higher-paying symbols that appear in the bonus features are little Pokaemon-style creatures. The wild is depicted as a grey metal cube.
When it comes to bonus features, there are four types of bonus spins available. Unlike many other slots, there is no need to land a scatter symbol in order to activate these bonus spins. All you need is to land 20 combinations in a row. Each element has its own set of free spins with its own bonus features. These are:
- The Air Storm function awards 10 free spins with two wild symbols appearing on the panel in different positions
- There are 10 bonus spins with the Fire Storm feature. Wild symbols appear on reels 2, 3, and 4 and can be extended to reels 1 and 5, giving you more chances of forming a winning combination
- The Earth Storm function offers players 10 free spins. Then wild symbols appear on reels 2, 3 or 4 and remain in place until they become part of the winnings.
- The Water Storm feature gives 10 bonus spins. A wild symbol appears on reels 2, 3, and 4 and expands to cover the entire reel.
Guns ‘N Roses – NetEnt. RTP: 96.98%
Named after the famous hard-hitting rock band of the 80s and 90s, this slot from NetEnt has a range of bonus features in keeping with the theme of rock and roll. To start with, if you manage to land 3 Vinyl Record bonus symbols on reels 1, 3 and 5, then you can spin the bonus wheel, which will decide which of the bonus features is triggered.
These are the Crowd Pleaser Bonus Game where you’ll have the chance to play 3 new levels which could lead to an 800 coin prize as well as the opportunity to double your total bonus winnings. Next, the Encore Bonus Spins with its 10 bonus plays, and finally, the Coin Wins, which offer a payout multiplier of between 10 and 30 times your initial stake.
The Crowd Pleaser also awards coins and the possibility of triggering more bonus spins. In fact, the slot is full of randomly triggered bonus features. These include the most powerful, the Appetite for Destruction Wild, which pays out the highest possible winning bet line combinations.
To complete the bonuses you can find multipliers, additional wilds, and the Legend Spins feature, which gives you 3 respins with wild reels. Finally, we should mention the Solo Multiplier allows a 4 to 10 times multiplier with 3 matching symbols across a pay line.
Finn and the Swirly Spin - NetEnt. RTP 96.62%
This is a charming Irish-themed 3D slot from NetEnt. The action takes place on a 5x5 grid and it uses a Cluster Pays mechanic. It features one of the most vibrant colour schemes we've seen, along with a number of interesting and colourful symbols. You can spin the reels for €/£/$0.10 per spin. However, if you are feeling like a high roller, you can spend up to €/£/$100 per spin. The non-progressive jackpot is worth 50,000 coins and is the top cash prize on offer.
Finn and the Swirly Spin has a unique avalanche feature. Known as the Swirly Spin Mechanic, it allows you one win after another. As symbols are destroyed following a winning combination, this causes other symbols to fall and fill their vacant spaces. This is known as the Avalanche feature. Take note that it’s possible to gain many wins from every spin when the symbols from a higher-numbered space move downwards towards a lower-numbered one.
If you land three or more symbols of the same kind on any of the vertical or horizontal lines then you’ll receive a payout. Furthermore, if you're lucky enough to land a winning combo with a wild, it will explode, destroying all adjacent symbols and allowing wins to be repeated.
The base game offers 4 random bonus features gifted by the helpful leprechaun:
- Starfall Wilds: When this feature triggers, 2 to 5 extra wilds are added to the reels.
- Dragon Destroy: A random number of symbols are destroyed. This triggers another avalanche.
- Irish Luck: You’re guaranteed a win when a horizontal or vertical line is transformed into a single symbol.
- Magic Transform: Each spade and heart symbol is transformed into a symbol with a higher value.
Hopefully, you now have a better idea about the types of slots bonus games available. It’s a good idea to get a feel for these games. So before you play them in earnest with real cash, try out the free versions first. This will allow you to understand how they work, their play-through and rules, as well as get a sense of their volatility, all without risking any of your own money.